Overview and Purpose of the Program
The College of Business (COB) is committed to integrating and incorporating global awareness and cross-cultural experiences into business students’ MSU education and experience. To this end, COB offers financial awards in the amount of $750 per eligible student who participates in select MSU approved study away programs. This financial support recognizes the fact that cost is usually the most significant factor for a student to study away. The program must be approved by COB as an eligible program, and the student must meet certain eligibility criteria, both of which are stated below.
Program Eligibility Criteria
Short-Term Program Eligibility Criteria
- Eligible programs, which must include international travel, include:
- COB short-term (≤ 3weeks) faculty-directed (STFD) study away programs. The STFD program may include pre-departure meetings, which do not count towards the three-week time limit.
- Short-term programs authorized and approved by COB International Business Programs and the MSU Study Away office.
Long-Term Program Eligibility Criteria
- The program must be approved by Study Away Programs, IBP, or Study in China programs as a credit-bearing program lasting a minimum of one semester.
- Coursework in the program must apply to the applicant’s COB program of study and content must be sufficiently rigorous to be approved and accepted as transfer credit to MSU.
- Students traveling to teach on the Dalian campus are not eligible for this financial award.
Student Eligibility Criteria
- Enrollment, for credit, in one of the courses listed in the STFD Study Away Program’s Curricular Proposal.
- Documentation of preapproved credit transfer for long-term or other programs.
- Declared full time or part time undergraduate business majors who have completed 60 hours in advance of the program and have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA and 2.5 GPA in their major.
- Accelerated graduate business students, full-time or part time, who have at least a 3.0 GPA in their completed graduate business coursework.
- Declared full time or part time business graduate students who have at least a 3.0 GPA in their graduate degree program.
- Business double majors are eligible for this financial award.
- Students who meet eligibility criteria may receive this financial award for a maximum of two eligible programs.
- Non-business majors and business minors are not eligible for this financial award.